Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ergo to the rescue!

So the bebe has wanted to be held for pretty much her entire life. I'm talking 24 hours a day for the first 6 months and as much as possible ever since.

I tried the Ergo baby carrier on the recommendation of a few friends. And, oh my gosh, it is the best baby carrier I have tried! The bebe now weighs 27 pounds and I can tote her all around town in this thing.

According to the Ergo website: The ERGO Baby Carrier's ergonomic design supports a correct sitting position for the baby's hip, pelvis and spine growth. It disperses most of the baby's weight between the hips and thighs, which helps to eliminate compression of the spine when hanging by the crotch which most other designs require. The ERGO also balances the baby's weight to parents' hips and shoulders, and alleviates physical stress for the parent.

I've yet to master getting her onto my back alone. But I'm working on it.

So if you are looking for a baby carrier that can take you from birth (with the infant insert) well into the toddler years, this is my recommendation.

Here is the one I have.

No comments: